can be logged individually or by number present. An example of
individual attendance is: Bod and Sally were here but Jane was not. An
example of attendance by number present is: four people were here and 1
was not. You choose how attendance will be collect by meeting.
You can collect attendance two different ways.
Using the RFID Card Reader and Application
- Make sure you have installed the reader software & drivers.
- On the right sidebar menu, click the "Launch Attendance Reader"
button. This will download and launch the client application that
connects to the RFID reader.
- Connect the RFID Reader to your computer. The client application should now say "Reader Connected".
- Choose the meetings for which you wish to collect attendance from
the drop down (Screenshot). Click the "Set Meeting" button. You can take
attendance for multiple meetings at once. Repeat this step for all
meeting you wish to collect attendance for.
- If you make a mistake, you can click the "Clear Meetings" button and reenter your meetings.
- Once you have set your meeting(s), choose "Lock in Session" from the
"File" menu; this will prevent someone from accidentally clearing or
adding meetings. This can also be accomplished by the key combination
CTRL + l.
- You can unlock the session by choosing "Unlock Session" from the "File" menu, or by pressing CTRL + u.
- You are ready to take attendance! People only have to wave their
cards over the reader in order to be logged as present. Their name will
be displayed as a confirmation. On the Macintosh operating system, the
name will also be spoken; this can be disabled from the "File" menu.
Manual Entry Online
- Navigate to the "Utilities" section of the online SimpleChurchCRM application.
- Choose "Add Session".
- Choose the meeting for which you are entering attendance - you
should see a table of members belonging to that session appear, if the
meeting type is "individual"; otherwise a box labeled "Number Present"
- Choose the date for the session by clicking in the date box and selecting the day from the popup calendar.
- Enter the number present, or go through the list of people in the
meeting; check the radio button in the column corresponding to each
person's presence or absence. If a person is absent but accounted for -
you know where they are, they aren't "missing" - choose the radio button
in the unexcused column, and choose the reason for the absence from the
- Click "Save".
- There are 2 types of visitors that can be added to a session: 1.
Those that are already stored in SimpleChurchCRM as and 2. those that
are not. Anyone stored in SimpleChurchCRM can be added to any session as
a visitor. If someone is not stored as an individual in
SimpleChurchCRM, he/she can be added as a visitor and later converted to a regular individual.
- To add a visitor to a session, Click "Add Visitor".
- Then, search for the visitor by using part/all of their first and/or
last name(s). If there is no match, click "Add an individual not in the
- Enter their first and last names into the popup and click, "Save".
The visitor has been added to the session, and he/she will now be able
to be chosen in future sessions. Their name with have "(Visitor)" next
to it wherever it appears.
- You can now add additional visitors. Individuals that have been
added to the system who are not visitors will not have "(Visitor)" next
to their names.
Note the presence of regular individuals and a visitor.